Tweeting Out Loud

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 23, 2008

    Working the 25th Annual Maryland Wine Festival

    I know what you guys are all thinking; "Maryland wine sucks!" and while not a lot of Maryland wine I drink really appeals to me, but my eyes changed when I worked the Maryland Wine festival in Westminster a week back.

    I worked for Cove Point Winery- a small winery located in Lusby, Md. who is run by Tom and Shannon. Tom has dedicated his whole house to producing the wines they displayed at the festival, with new facilities up-and-coming. I was amazed at his wines! They were light, crisp, approachable. I loved the Bleufrankhish and he had a killer Cabernet/Syrah blend. His wines were very solid.

    The festival was very solid as well. I got free admission for two days of wineing and it was great. Some notable wineries included Fiori Vineyards, with their Italian- approach to making delicious wines (the sangiovese sold me), as well as other wineries/vineyards of note that I need to look back up. On top of free admission, I got a free bottle of wine for both days of work! Without a doubt I picked up the Bleufrankhish. All this, and all I had to do for "work" was to pour wines to festival goers, chat with them about anything and have a freakin' blast.

    All the fun I had this weekend really showed me things I've always been curious about in myself. I never knew if I had the mettle to be in the wine business. It's tough; wine requires dedication, determination and devotion. But last week I realized I had these things, and when combined with my strength, my interest in people, I saw a glimspe that maybe I could survive in a wine society...

    Until next time,
    Cheers!

    -Tatum

    Digg this

    No comments: