Tweeting Out Loud

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 3, 2008

    Towson Takes a Big Step

    Progress! In life, we strive. We strive and try and strive and try, and if at first we don't succeed, we "try, try again." Well, I am happy to say, this is my first try, and from here I don't look like there will be need for another attempt.

    If you haven't realized what I've been talking about then let me state it right out: WETU, or Wine Enthusiast of Towson University. Every step I take seems to get me closer to my goal; to have a fully functional, legitimate wine club for Towson university. So far, each step of the way has been smooth- from writing the proposal, getting Matthew to sign on as an Alumni advisor, creating a rough constitution for the club, coordinating with Rajiv on his opinions, and now a big step for me was to get an adviser to support my idea! Ms. Lynne Dowell, my academic adviser, saw the proposal today and after hearing my little rant about my visions for the club, signed on to be the staff adviser. Furthermore, she thought it would be good to get into contact with high-level administrators to collaborate.

    Hearing the good news made me almost leap for joy, as my visions are slowly coming true. I hope by the time I am a junior, Towson University can hold large wine functions, with WETU being the coordinators of the events. I would love to see the students, staff, faculty and community flourish through wine. Wine is all about bringing people together anyway, hopefully it can work its magic on the Towson University community. That's all for now, check back for more good news with WETU. Cheers!

    -Tatum

    Digg this

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.